Hello, welcome to my blog. Recently, I had a need to add a pdf file to a wordpress website that I was building for a client but I couldn’t easily figure out an easy and quick way of getting it done. I thought I would find solutions online but to my greatest amazement, I couldn’t. So, I had to figure it out myself. So, due to my experience, I figured that maybe someone might still be in this situation of doing this seemingly easy task and meeting roadblocks in the end. Therefore, I decided to put up this post just to show how I was able to get it do.
Below are a few easy steps I took to add a pdf to my wordpress website so that visitors to the site can download the pdf document with just a click of a button.
- Login to your wordpress dashboard.
- Click on Media Library.
- Click on the Upload File Button.
- Upload the desire pdf file (document).
- Click on the uploaded pdf file. You will see the pdf link displayed.
- Copy the link.
- Paste the copied link in the button or wherever you want visitors to click and access and download the pdf document.
- That’s all.
I just hope this helps. Stay tuned cos I will also make a video to elaborate and show how I did it.
Created with Lots of Love and Laughter, by me.